We are very proud to be part of the St Mary Church Community. We value the partnership between Church and School in providing ministry and service to all members of the community. Both Rev. Simon Rowlands and Rev Simon Young sit on our Governing Body and shape the Christian Ethos and Strategic Direction of our school.
Please click on the link below if you would like any more information about the Church.
This term (Term 4) we are supporting Mary's Meals 'The Backpack Project'
Please keep an eye out on the newsletters for the items to send in.
For more information please click on the link below.
At 11am today, we gathered together for a minute's silence for Remembrance Day. Each child contributed to a class poppy display which then acted as a focus for our thoughts during our reflection time. We are proud of the work that the children produced and the respect they showed throughout the minute's silence.
We are very proud to have recently been given an 'Outstanding' judgement in our recent SIAMs inspection. (July 2017) On 18th October 2017, we had a visit from Bishop Trevor to celebrate this inspection. We are proud of what we have achieved so far.
Our School Prayer
Bless our school
Let trust, respect and love live here
Trust in one another
Respect for one another
And love of life itself.
Let us remember
It takes many hands to build a school,
But it takes many hearts and minds
To make it a happy place to learn in.
Our Spiritual Gardens
We are lucky enough to have two Spiritual Gardens at our school, one in the Key Stage One Playground and one in the Key Stage Two Playground. The Key Stage One garden is themed around the Story of Creation and the Key Stage Two area is themed around the 'Discipleship' and being 'Fishers Of Men.' The children have been trained to use them and have been using them during play times and lunch times. We feel very proud of our gardens.
Thank you to everyone who has organised or been involved in one of our many Easter activities over the last couple of weeks.
* Held an Easter Service in church at the end of Term 4- Thank you to all the parents who attended and to Rev Simon, the staff and children for contributing to the service.
* Bounced and bounced to raise money for charity- The whole school took part in a sponsored bounce to raise money for the Teenage Cancer Trust. We had a bouncy castle, bounced on space hoppers and bounced balls as much as we could to raise as much money as we could. Well done to everyone who took part.
* Created our own Easter Bonnets- Thank you to everyone who created an Easter Bonnet at home, there were some incredibly creative and thoughtful bonnets on display. Well done to the everyone who took part.
* Held an Easter raffle- Again, a big thank you to everyone who bought tickets for the Easter raffle. The winners were announced on Wednesday 19th April 2017.
* Started Term 5 with an Easter service in Church: The whole school started Term 5 with collective worship in church. The service was lead by Rev Simon Young and Miss Tudor. Our school choir, lead by Mrs Lanceley, performed two songs. It was a lovely way to start term 5.
What a busy couple of weeks! Please take a look at some of our photos...
Thank you for all of your very generous donations for our advent box. We were overwhelmed by the number of gifts of toys and foods that were donated. The toys have been given to a local women’s refuge and the food has been taken to the local foodbank. We are sure that they will be very much appreciated by those receiving them. Merry Christmas!
Christmas Church Service
On Wednesday 21st December 2016 at 1:30pm we went to Church for our Christmas Service. We all made Christingles and we lit the candles whilst we sang Once in Royal David’s City. Thank you to everyone that attended, it was a wonderful end to the Term.